Specialty Drug Program
Facing chronic medical conditions such as multiple sclerosis, cancer, or rheumatoid arthritis can be a daunting prospect for your patient. As a physician, you understand that you’re part of a patient’s support network when it comes to managing chronic conditions. At Paramount, we aim to be another branch of that support system. One way we do that is through our Specialty Drug Program.
Paramount’s Specialty Drug Program provides the complex drugs used to treat chronic conditions such as multiple sclerosis, cancer, hepatitis and rheumatoid arthritis. Because these drugs are self-administered, they often require special handling and monitoring. Our Specialty Drug Program gives patients another tier of support and another level of safeguards to make sure that they obtain medication safely and use it effectively. Specialty drugs must be obtained from a pharmacy in Paramount’s Specialty Pharmacy Network. The Specialty Pharmacy Network allows patients to choose among area pharmacies or a convenient mail order option.
Please learn more about our Specialty Drug Program by taking a few minutes to read through the links below. The specialty drugs with prescribing guidelines, such as prior authorization (PA) or step therapy (ST) policies, are labeled as such in the Specialty Drug List. You can also learn more about our Prior Authorization and Step Therapy Policy.
- Specialty Rx Drug List - Commercial Open
- 2018 Commercial Select Drug List (for Specialty – look for Tier 4 drugs with “S” indicator)
- 2018 Commercial Advanced Select Drug List (for Specialty – look for Tiers 5-7 drugs with “S” indicator)
- 2018 Marketplace Drug List (for Specialty – look for Tier 5 drugs with “S” Indicator”)
- 2018 ACA/Alliance Drug List(for Specialty – look for Tier 5 drugs with “S” indicator”)
- Paramount Advantage (Medicaid) Preferred Drug List (for Specialty – look for “SP” indicator)