Medication Therapy Management Program (MTM Program)
The Paramount Elite Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program helps you get the greatest health benefit from your medications by:
- Preventing or reducing drug-related risks
- Increasing your awareness
- Supporting good habits
Who qualifies for the MTM Program?
We will automatically enroll you in the Paramount Elite Medication Therapy Management Program at no cost to you if ALL three (3) conditions apply:
- You take eight or more Medicare Part D covered maintenance drugs AND
- You have three or more of these long term health conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Disorders such as High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, or Coronary Artery Disease
Your participation is voluntary and does not affect your coverage. This program is FREE of charge and is open only to those who are invited to participate. The MTM program is not considered a benefit for all members.
What services are included in the Medication Therapy Management Program (MTM Program)?
The program provides you with a:
- Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR), and
- Targeted Medication Reviews (TMRs)
Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR)
A CMR is a one-on-one discussion with a pharmacist over the phone. It's meant to answer questions and address concerns you have about the medications you are taking, including:
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications
- Herbal therapies
- Dietary supplements
The pharmacist will offer ways to manage your conditions with the drugs that you take. If more information is needed, the pharmacist may contact your prescribing doctor. A CMR review takes about 30 minutes and is usually offered once each year -- if you qualify. At the end of your discussion, the pharmacist will give you a Personal Medication List of the medications you discussed during your CMR.
Here is a blank copy of the Personal Medication List for tracking your prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, herbal/dietary supplements and vitamins.
You will also receive a Medication Action Plan. Your plan may include suggestions from the pharmacist for you and your doctor to discuss during your next doctor visit.
Targeted Medication Review (TMR)
A TMR is where we mail, fax or call your doctor with suggestions every three months about your prescription drugs that may be safer, or work better than your current drugs. As always, your prescribing doctor will decide whether to consider our suggestions. Your prescription drugs will not change unless you and your doctor decide to change them.
How will I know if I qualify for the Medication Therapy Management Program (MTM Program)?
If you qualify, a letter will be mailed to you letting you know that you qualify for the MTM program. Afterward, you may receive a call from Paramount’s MTM partner, SinfoniaRx Medication Management, inviting you to schedule a one-on-one medication review at a convenient time. All reviews are conducted over the phone.
Why is a review with a pharmacist important?
Different doctors may write prescriptions for you without knowing all the other prescription drugs, OTC drugs, dietary/herbal supplements, and vitamins that you are taking. For that reason, a pharmacist will:
- Discuss how your prescription and OTC drugs, dietary and herbal supplements, and vitamins may be affecting each other.
- Discuss how your prescription and OTC drugs, dietary and herbal supplements, and vitamins may cause side effects and offer suggestions to help.
- Help you get the most benefit from all of your prescription and OTC drugs, dietary and herbal supplements, and vitamins.
- Review opportunities to help you reduce your prescription drug costs.
How do I benefit from talking with a pharmacist?
- Discussing your medications can result in peace of mind knowing that you are taking your prescription drugs and OTC medications safely.
- Suggestions can be made to help you save money on your out-of-pocket prescription drug costs.
- You benefit by having a Personal Medication List and a Medication Action Plan to keep and share with your doctors and health care providers.
How can I get more information about the Medication Therapy Management Program (MTM Program)?
CVS Caremark and SinfoniaRx Medication Management help facilitate our MTM program. Please contact them if you would like additional information about our MTM program, or if you do not want to participate after being enrolled in the program. Call toll-free at 1-844-635-3406, 24 hours day, seven days a week. TTY users can call 711.
Last updated: 09/30/2018