Specialty Drug Program
If you have a chronic medical condition that requires complex drugs, you know that you feel more confident in your treatment plan when you have a strong support network in place. With the guidance of your physicians and pharmacists, you know that you will be equipped with the knowledge and tools to manage your condition at home. At Paramount, we have policies in place to help you manage your wellness.
Our Specialty Drug Program provides the medication used to treat chronic conditions such as multiple sclerosis, cancer, hepatitis and rheumatoid arthritis. Although these drugs are self-administered, their complexity and strength often require special handling and monitoring.
Drugs available under the Specialty Drug Program must be obtained from a pharmacy in our Specialty Pharmacy Network. This network provides the proper amount of monitoring while still offering many convenient choices. You can choose a local area pharmacy located close to a Paramount provider office. You also have a convenient mail order option that allows your medications to be delivered directly to your home.
Some specialty drugs have prescribing guidelines for your safety. If a particular drug has a prior authorization (PA) or step therapy (ST) policy, it is labeled as such in the Specialty Drug List located in the links below:
- Specialty Rx Drug List - Commercial Open
- 2018 Commercial Select Drug List (for Specialty – look for Tier 4 drugs with “S” indicator)
- 2018 Commercial Advanced Select Drug List (for Specialty – look for Tiers 5-7 drugs with “S” indicator)
- 2018 Marketplace Drug List (for Specialty – look for Tier 5 drugs with “S” Indicator”)
- 2018 ACA/Alliance Drug List(for Specialty – look for Tier 5 drugs with “S” indicator”)
- Paramount Advantage (Medicaid) Preferred Drug List (for Specialty – look for “SP” indicator)