Commercial/Employer Drug Benefits
Our commercial/employer group drug benefits are those that are typically provided through your place of work. Our program is designed to bring costs down by following a copayment structure with copay amounts that vary widely among groups. Please review your Summary of Benefits to determine your exact copays, or visit MyParamount.org. Our Commercial prescription benefits features the following copay structures:
- Generic drugs at the lowest copay
- Preferred brand name drugs at a mid-level copay
- Non-preferred brand name drugs at a higher brand copay
- Multi-Source brand name drugs (Paramount Commercial Open Formulary only)
- Specialty drugs have the highest copays
What does this copay structure mean? As a member, when you buy generic or preferred brand name products, you are assured the lowest applicable copay. You can also be assured that generic and preferred drugs are of the highest quality.
Ways to stay safe and save with Paramount prescription benefits
Above all else, we value the safety and well-being of our members. That’s why our commercial drug benefits also include step therapy and prior authorization policies. In a nutshell, these policies exist to oversee the prescribing of costly, rare medications when safer, less costly alternatives are available. You can learn more about our Prior Authorization and Step Therapy Policy.
In addition to limiting health risks to our members, our programs also help bring down drug costs. We offer programs such as quantity limits, dose optimization, and pill-splitting in order to help minimize costs to our members as well as to minimize the risk of taking too much medication or medication that is too strong.
Please take a few minutes to learn more about our commercial drug benefits.
Commercial Open Formulary
- 2018 Preferred Drug List Commercial OPEN (eff. 1/1/2018)
- 2019 Preferred Drug List Commercial OPEN (eff. 1/1/2019)
- Commercial Open Not Covered Drugs
- Prescription Drugs Not Covered - Exceptions Request
Commercial Select Formulary
- 2018 Commercial Select Drug List (effective Jan. 1, 2018)
2019 Commercial Select Drug List (eff. Jan. 1 2019)
Commercial Advanced Select Formulary
- 2018 Commercial Advanced Select Drug List (effective Jan. 1, 2018)
2018 CVS Maintenance Choice List (for ProMedica employees)
- 2019 Commercial Advanced Select Drug List (eff. Jan. 1, 2019)
ACA/Alliance Small Group Formulary
- 2018 ACA/Alliance Drug List (effective Jan. 1, 2018)
2019 ACA/Alliance Drug List (effective Jan. 1, 2019)
To find a participating pharmacy:
Paramount HMO, CDHP, PPO and POS members that have Paramount drug coverage can find a participating pharmacy online. Click here to search our national pharmacy listing.